1. Why Increases uses personal information
The work of Increase is supported mainly by prayer and donations of members, friends and other supporters. We collect personal data in order to promote, share, and provide the activities of Increase with these supporters and others connected to our work.
We have set out below more information on the categories of personal information we collect, the specific ways in which that personal information is processed by us, the legal bases which permit us to do this, and the types of partners with whom we share your personal information.
2. What information does Increase collect?
We collect and process personal information about you when interact with us by email and ask us to keep you informed and also through our website. This information includes:
- Your name, address, email address, and phone number;
- With your consent it may also include your home address and/or skype name;
- It includes bank details when you make a donation.
Bank details will be collected and shared with third parties in order to make the transaction possible. Your details are not shared with third parties for commercial purposes.
3. How does Increase use your information?
We will only collect personal data to the extent that it is required for the specific purpose of conducting our organisational objectives and pursuing our legitimate interests, in particular:
- Letting you know about Increase’s activities by post, email, and phone in accordance with your preferences. When you provide us with your email address we may make use of a system that gives insight in the way emails are opened and keeps track of any links that may be opened in these emails. This information is collected in order to optimize emails according to the interest of readers.
- Operating Increase and maintaining such internal records and processes as are reasonably required to do so; and
- Ensuring the security of Increase's websites and information technology systems and protecting Increase’s rights.
We will ask your specific consent:
- If we need your consent in order to send you information about Increase’s activities; and
- When we wish to use your personal information in circumstances that you would not have anticipated when you gave us your personal information.
4. How will Increase share your information?
We share your personal details:
- Within Increase, the Increase Trust UK, and with members of staff and volunteers who are involved in carrying out the processing described above;
- With third party service providers who, as necessary and appropriate, process your information on Increase’s behalf for the purposes above – this includes, for example, our telephony service providers, cloud storage providers, our financial administrators, and our auditors; and
- With any third party that you ask us to share your personal information with
We will also share your personal information:
- If we think this is necessary to in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of Increase, our employees, our partners, or our customers. This includes sharing information for the purposes of fraud protection; and
- With government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required by law.
5. Giving and withdrawing your consent, and updating your personal information
Where your consent is required for us to process your personal information, we will ask for your consent at the point at which you provide your data. You have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. You can also update your personal information at any time. If you wish to do either, contact us at
6. Storing your personal information
Your personal information is stored and processed outside of the country where it is collected, including outside of the European Economic Area. When transferring information to others, within the EEA or otherwise, we ensure that appropriate and suitable safeguards and technical measures are in place to protect your personal data.
We will ensure that personal data we hold is accurate and kept up to date. We will check the accuracy of any personal data at the point of collection and at regular intervals afterwards. We will take all reasonable steps to destroy or amend inaccurate or out-of-date data.
We will not keep personal data longer than is necessary for the purpose or purposes for which they were collected. We will destroy your personal data at the latest three years after your relationship with Increase ended. We will take all reasonable steps to destroy, or erase from our systems, all data which is no longer required.
7. Your rights
At any point in time you have the right to:
- request access to and rectification or erasure of personal information;
- restrict processing of your personal information;
- object to processing of your personal information;
- object to your personal information being processed on the grounds of Increases legitimate interests;
- object to us sending you direct marketing and profiling you for the purposes of direct marketing;
- lodge a complaint regarding our processing of your personal information with a data protection supervisory authority in a country where you live, work, or where you believe a breach may have occurred.
You can contact us by email in relation to any of the rights described in this section, or if you have any questions regarding this privacy notice
8. Your duties
You have a duty to keep us informed of any changes to the data we hold. You also have the obligation not to disclose personal information we provide, which includes forwarding emails without consent.
There is a change in the law.
When we change our processes, add a new or remove an old process.
When we change any of our Third Party providers, or engage new ones.
Change our data sharing arrangements.
And at least every 3 years.
10. Contacting us